Mantra

Mantra
Don't forget how powerful the mind is!

December 27, 2012

The Slate is clean, bring on 2013

I have been on a downward spiral for a few months now even to the point on putting on some kilos that took a while to shed.  There has been no excuse good enough and there has been very little going the right way for food, exercise or liquid around and in my body.

The light has been flickering for awhile and the hand reaching for the on switch I think has finally won out and I feel a little more in control today.

So what changed I hear you ask? 
  • A post in my local crew helped - something about this post struck the right chord for me
  • Having put on those 2 or so kilo that I thought had gone forever and they are back in no time at all, not wanting to fall into the trap of those 2 kilos becoming 3 and the 3 4 etc.
  • Christmas day is over so no excuse for shit eating and being too busy for exercise
  • I have been obsessed with the number on the scales and what that represents rather than the person achieving amazing things
  • I have no respect for myself, I have low self esteem and confidence and I do not love myself.
  • Knowing I have two very special weddings with very special people coming up and I want to look my best and do myself proud (not anyone else)
  • That it feels like the right time again to continue with this powerful time in my life and to now reach the goal I set myself in January 2012 but always thought was impossible to reach, now I see the possibilities.
Exercise - I started today with a C25K which surprisingly felt really good and natural and brought thoughts about what I had been missing for the last little while so it's time to give this another rip cracker of a go.  I haven't burnt enough calories today so the intention is to go home slip on some exercise gear and knock out a pump/weights session to get the 400-600 burn happening.

Food - has been great so far today a little hungry but the will power muscle has won over the small things previously it would not have.  In saying a little hungry I think it is more a mind trick where I think I want food but really I don't as the thought flits past very quickly and then the urge is gone.

Liquid - water intake has been good with a litre down and one to go today which is achievable.

The powerful insight of Brooke - many other words also touched me but I love the mission statement and think I will also be following this not just in 2013 but for the rest of my life.

"My mission in 2013 is to get to a healthy weight – but not in an obsessive all or nothing manner and to do it by valuing and loving myself the whole way. Our thoughts are so powerful – and I will be focusing on what I want (to lose weight) rather than what I fear (putting on weight)."

So my goals and rewards list has been updated to reflect 2013 and the bright future ahead of me.  They follow the S.M.A.R.T. principles.

Happy 2013 and beyond to a more positive year and less words but more posting :)  My slate is clean and the new begining is now not on Monday not in the new year but now.

No comments:

Post a Comment