Mantra

Mantra
Don't forget how powerful the mind is!

November 20, 2012

Eureka!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG The Eureka is done and it was totally amazing!

It was so hard, my fitness has dropped a fair amount and although I got a better time than I expected it was one of the hardest and most challenging things I have ever done.  After the first 20 floors I wondered what the heck I had got myself into by floor 44 I was half way and knew it was going to be a slow haul, by this time the throat was dry and sore, no amount of water could lubricate my throat.



I was stopping every 10 floors or so for a breather, what got me through was Tannia and the fact we were encouraging each other on.  She is such a fantastic lady :)  I got to the top and thought I was going to have an attack, my throat was sorer than it has ever been, my stomach felt like it needed to empty, I could not catch my breath, it was one of the most terrifying experiences of my life.

I needed to take a few moments to get myself together and the last thing I wanted was the rest of the crew seeing how bad I felt, I think I hid it well enough that no one knew.

In the end the experience got me through, I climb 88 floors, well actually 91 by the time we had to climb to the roof for our photo shoot.   So 1642 stairs done in 21:32  I am proud of that time and although at the moment I don't want to do it again, I want to do it next year and see if I can improve not only on my time but also on my fitness and the horrible feeling I had afterwards.

I am so glad this is the one thing I committed to and completed it really has opened my eyes.

BTW still puff free, nutrition has been so bad, and I have no excuses except for poor choices.  Tomorrow is a new day and all the intentions are again there I really don't know why this is becoming so hard.





No comments:

Post a Comment