Mantra

Mantra
Don't forget how powerful the mind is!

August 4, 2012

I would like to thank.........

This feels like a speech for winning an award I am happy to acknowledge this weeks blogger challenge because I feel very lucky and privliged to have gone on this journey and learnt a lot about myself, my worth and meeting some fantastic ladies.  Never short of a word again I have surpassed the "in 200 words or less" contest. 

And although there was no award ceremony or special trophy awarded I really do feel like I have won something, in fact I have won everything my new life, body, fitness, health and the respect of some people who have surprised me by being there every step of the way, both new and old friends and colleagues.

 
 1. What would you tell yourself at the start of the program in support of yourself?
Don't compare yourself to others and to take things easy not to push yourself as this is a lifetime change not a 12 week challenge, take things slow learn all you can and enjoy what you are going to become.

2. What would you tell those around you that may not have been that supportive?
I  have been very lucky to have supportive people around me.  No one has said I couldn't do it or been skeptical about my journey.  I have however had people who have not acknowledged my journey to a better me every step of the way but they are coming around now and are being surprisingly supportive now, and although I know some of these people have had a prod from some others who have been super supportive I am happy that they have acknowledged where I am now and hope that they make the decision to a better and fitter life themselves.

3. Who would you like to thank for being there for you and helping you on your 12WBT journey so far?
The list starts with my husband and daughters, they have been there 100% of the way and are always supportive and encouraging of the changes I have made.  Your commitment to me has at times been greater than the commitment to myself.

And to those I work with you are amazing people who have made this easier than I would ever have believed, thank you for believing in me and encouraging me and showing me how much you really do care.
 
The CC12C girls are amazing finding like minded people in the area gets you motivated and having people who you can vent to both when you have a "bad" day and a "good" day.  The friendships I have made from this group will be here for life as there is nothing like having people who understand your journey and know what you are going through.  For those ladies who check up on me, check in (here) and who always show they care, for the first time I can say I am worthy and you mean the world to me because you are the ones who shared the journey of finding me :)
 
Thank you all :)

2 comments:

  1. And the winner for the duel award of most inspirational and most humble goes to none other than.... you my gorgeous friend. It's been a privilege to be an occasional flight attendant on your journey of discovery. xx

    ReplyDelete