Last night was the first night in a few weeks where i have run 5km without stopping and it didnt feel too bad.
I sustained a silly injury early June where my heels were in excrutiating pain so I stopped walking and running and basically all exercise until I found out it wasnt my heels it was my calves as I had not been stretching them enough. I got new shoes form Active Feet , I took things slow but I was struggling with getting any form back. I even tried a run group for some technique tips. But nothing was getting me back out there running the 5-8km distances I was. This was enough to stall the good nutrition and also to start smoking again *sigh* there is just no good reason for any of this and it taught me I havent learnt anywhere near enough from the 12wbt if I can relapse into bad habits so quickly.
I sustained a silly injury early June where my heels were in excrutiating pain so I stopped walking and running and basically all exercise until I found out it wasnt my heels it was my calves as I had not been stretching them enough. I got new shoes form Active Feet , I took things slow but I was struggling with getting any form back. I even tried a run group for some technique tips. But nothing was getting me back out there running the 5-8km distances I was. This was enough to stall the good nutrition and also to start smoking again *sigh* there is just no good reason for any of this and it taught me I havent learnt anywhere near enough from the 12wbt if I can relapse into bad habits so quickly.
During this time my weight has fluctuated but has basically maintained. I shopped for a whole new wardrobe shoes, bags, work clothes and a few special items to try and get Mojo back but nothing worked.
Last night I decided it was time to suck it up princess and just go for a run, start with 1km progress to 2km (I wanted to walk about here) pushed to 3km (really starting to think this isnt so bad, got to 4km (on the home trail its only one more km) got the 5km (felt so damned good) and then walked a few hundred meters home. It was the best run in a long time. I then had all good intentions of doing Mean Abs, Tuff Butt and Cardio Crazy but meal preparation, tax and a then energy left me with just the run.
I still burnt a few calories, I didnt eat particularly clean but I didn manage to shed 500 grams this week which felt like icing on the proverbial cake.
I have Run Melbourne in 11 days so I need to get more of these 5kmers out of the way so looking forward to showing my mind that my body is stronger and will not listen to the self doubt and the excuses :)
Today I hope is the start of a good friendship between my body, my shoes and my mind :)


No comments:
Post a Comment