As we all know you can't choose your blood family but you can choose your friends.
I am very lucky to have 4 sisters with different personalities, different lives and different goals. I don't always see eye to eye with them and sometimes we say things without thinking but at the end of the day we are still together through a blood bond.
You think in life that the family you are dealt is one of two you have, the one you are born into and the one you decide to make yourself with your partner and possibly your own children as a by-product of that relationship.
However I believe there is a third family. The family who are not a family by blood or marriage but the one you choose to spend time with, to love, play, laugh, and cry with. I am lucky to have an extended running family. The ones I choose to spend my running triumphs with, my achievements, my lows, my highs, my tears of joy and sorrow and my "yay" moments.
When you can organise for your running sisters to go on a road trip to another place and spend a weekend with you, and to do the thing that brought you all together it is like heaven on a stick. Today is one of those days. Today we head to Sydney in search of the City2Surf experience. These are the ladies who pump me up and get my legs moving every week for parkrun. These ladies make up the female component of the running family and they are the ones who started the running journey with me. Love them all to death and love that we can do this together still and hopefully in 5, 10, 15 and even 20 years I can be saying the same.
The nerves of the past week for the coming weekend have been replaced with excitement again. The unknown journey begins, sharing of the experiences with the people I admire and that inspire me every day.
Our current plans subject to change as 5 women try and organise themselves to be in the same place and somewhat the same time.
·
Fly to Sydney and make way to hotel
·
parkrun St Peters as tourists
·
Bridge climb Sydney Harbour Bridge
·
City2Surf Expo
·
Dinner somewhere
·
City2Surf run
·
Bondi swim/recovery walk
·
Head back to Melbourne.
Fun times ahead……bring it on!!

No comments:
Post a Comment