Mantra

Mantra
Don't forget how powerful the mind is!

July 13, 2014

Time Flies

Wow, I cannot believe how slack I have been last run update was May for R4TK.  Since then I have completed successfully MS Fun run 10km in just over an hour, my fastest 10km ever, I have also done City2South in Brisbane, 14km in 1:33:33 including walking up the hill and a loo stop so I was pretty happy with the time.

So in brief (well as brief as I can be) the MS Run was a slightly cold and slightly wet day although the rain held off for the run.  Richard, the ever faithful run buddy, was there with me every step of the way.  we started near the front of the pack and soon found our groove at about km 2.  There was no stopping for water at the provided stations as 5km is a parkrun and we don't do water there.  The 2nd 5km was a little harder and at about km 7 I felt the urge to pee so had to stop and empty my tiny bladder.  Onwards and towards the end I really felt it as a hard run and when we came in just over the on hour mark although I would have loved to do under I was pleased to have done it, done it and beat the demons and to come so close.  My aim is to get under 1 hour for a 10km race this year at or before October 12 where its then time to think of the half marathon :)

City2South in brief was the most AMAZING run I have ever participated in.  There was nothing that was not totally amazing and wonderful about this trip.  the first 5km was just awesome to be out with all these other runners, the next 5km was a little tougher but was completed still with a smile on my dial, the next 4 kms were tougher, my buddy was struggling, I was struggling and when we saw the hill at km12 we walked it.  It gave us our breath back and we then ran the last km home.  it as amazing crossing the line with your partner in crime, and although the time was 1:33:33 and not under 1:30 we did it and from here the only way is up!

The next run on the list is scheduled for next weekend.  Again it will just be Richard and I and a few hundred other runners.  We did this one last year and the run repeat and the hill is difficult but I look forward to conquering this and hopefully beating last years time (which escapes me at the moment)

Run season is in full swing!

No comments:

Post a Comment