My best 10km event ever was the MS Fun Run 2014 where I finished at 1:01:52. This race is a flat two laps of Albert Park and although it is not a totally familiar course for me its not foreign either.
So today's aim? To run 10km without stopping, to run it at below 60 minutes, to run it strong, to not stop at every water station and to enjoy the run with my running family.
Did I achieve this?
- run without stopping?
- CHECK
- do not stop at each water station
- CHECK only stopped at the 5km one
- Run Strong?
- I felt strong till about the 7km mark when the chaffing was becoming unbearable but I am going to CHECK this one as I did it much better than other races.
- Under 60 minutes????
- Yeah Baby 59 minutes 40 seconds.
- The skort is awesome to run in however I need longer pants with it or to take care of chaffing business.
- Be aware of other runners as they are not always aware of you -
- enjoyed the race
- no mental head games
- felt strong and went strong when I had it and the same when I needed to catch my breath
- Celebrated success with my running family.
Back row L-R, Loz, Richo, Jassand - Front row L-R, Neets, Steph and Raels
A bit tongue in cheek here with the news recently that Thor could become a woman (Marvel news) This one was for Red who couldn't be here today but was with me every step of the way.
Remember always to Imagine you can, Believe you can and You will Achieve it



No comments:
Post a Comment