And my amazing family decided to do MDC with me this year. Kirstin and I doing the 8km run and the rest doing the 4km walk 2 hours later. That was the plan, unfortunately plans do go awry sometimes.
So Jacob and Kirstin went out last night, late, drinking, and of course woke very hungover. It looked like they were going to pull the pin but somehow managed to pull it together enough to get in the car albeit 15 minutes later than planned departure.
We got the the almost start line and did a quick driver change over while I went to the start line meeting up with my amazing friends in Anita, Stephanie and even Miss Tiffany. The object today was to run as much as I could but not to come out with any injuries as it is only a week after OxFam.
My mind barriers today were
- the first km, I hadn't run in over 2 weeks so this one was all about saying I won't stop.
- Anderson St Hill, I decided no matter what I was going to run to the top of the hill then I could stop if I really needed to
- Birwood Ave, I just so wanted to walk, I was on my own and really had to think I haven't done the distance of parkrun yet so you can't give in. Thoughts of Mum and Aurora entered my mind as people with tribute cards were running past or I past them.
- Linlithgow Ave, I will run till I get to Anderson St Hill then I can walk the hill and wait for the girls to catch up.
- Alexandra Ave, it really is a good day for a run isn't it.
- Anderson St Hill x2, I walked the hill contemplated life and said I would run the moment I got to the top and I did.
- Birwood Ave again was time to reflect about Mum and Aurora, tears formed but did not fall.
- St Kilda Road, I'm almost done, oh look there is someone I know best I dodge them and look like I am not running out of steam.
- The Finish line, I can put some speed on, I have some left in me finish like the champion you are, do this for your daughter's first Mothers day, do it for your grand-daughters and do it for the mum who never saw you achieve anything.
It was another emotional race, I finished in 52:07 for 8km which I was happy with. No new injuries however I can feel my legs and thighs are a little sore but nothing that I won't recover from.
Another runners high in completing the event, now off to find the family and walk to the start line again. Kirstin, Jacob, Eric and I went off to the start line waiting for Jayne, Anthony and Destiny. When we all caught up off we went on a 4km walk, my husband loves to take the short cut but we didn't let him take to many today. It was so much fun having everyone out there, although Kirstin had a few private moments thinking of her baby but Destiny stayed by her side. It really is extraordinary to see all my family out there doing what I love for Mothers day.
Followed by a very decadent brunch in Lygon Street.
Next run MS Fun Run June 1
No comments:
Post a Comment