Mantra

Mantra
Don't forget how powerful the mind is!

January 26, 2014

Celebrating the lucky country

Wow so long since I posted that I am a little in awe that I remember this page existed and how to blog.

Today was Australia day and this day last year was my first 5km run for the year.  I was fit and healthy and on the right track to achieving great things.  At the end of the race as a collective group us girls decided next year we would do the 10km run.  Well today was that moment and the three of us girls and the very delightful Laurie all participated in the 10km run.  Now none of us thought we could do it but we entered anyway and at the end of the race we had all run our best race, our best time and felt elated.  We also had help from Richo pacing me who is one of my best supporters in my running and the lovely Steph pacing Katrina and Anita catching Richo and I.  It was so well timed and welcomed.

This year is meant to be the year of the 10km events for me and I have a schedule and I have great friends who are hoping to do this with me.  How god damned far have we all come and how fantastic do we feel when we can all reveal in these feelings together.

Jan - Rosebud 10k (Medal) - Completed 1:07:00
Feb - Queen of the lake (undecided)
Mar - Cardinia 10k (undecided)
Apr - Run for the kids 15k (no medal) - Entered

May - Mothers Day Classic 8k (Medal) - entered
Jun - MS Fun Run 10k (no medal)
Jul - Run Melbourne 10k (Medal) entered
Aug - City to Surf - Sydney 14k (Medal) - Girls weekend with a bridge climb for all.
Sep - City to bay Adelaide 12k (Medal)
Oct - Melbourne Marathon Festival 10k (Medal)
Nov - City to Sea 14k (Medal)
Dec - Sussans Classic 10k (Medal)


On the otherside is that Red also participated and walked the 5.3km, did his best time, finished it and got his very own first medal.  I cannot express how proud of him I am.  I may have come a long way from 2 years ago but it looks like hubby's mind is swaying a little and he is making an effort to participate in some of these events with me.  How cool will it be to have him run 5km with me?


No comments:

Post a Comment