Mantra

Mantra
Don't forget how powerful the mind is!

November 1, 2012

NoSUGARvember

So it's NoSUGARvember as started by some crazy woman in the facebook group I am apart of.  This is a big thing for me in fact it's a big thing for all of us taking part for however much we are becoming healthier and losing weight and eating a lot more of the natural foods in life its amazing how that little bit of sugar can creep into our diets.  I am not completely process food free but the choices are a lot better and it seems that this little gem of an idea (on day 1) has done what I haven't been able to achieve for the last month or two or three which is not eat something sweet in a day.  Whether it be a biscuit or some chocolate or a rice cake with apple & cinnamon or caramel or the sweet porridge flavours for breakfast.  Usually even though I am still technically meant to be losing weight I have not gone without some form of sugar fix in months.

of the supposedly 24gms of sugar consumed today 22gms of that was from a single innocent looking banana.

I thought by 11am I would be craving sugar and by the time the afternoon hit I would have headaches and be more unreasonable than ever but I think I am coping really well.  The peppermint tea even seems too sweet and hard to finish.

Is this the kick in the pants that I needed, making a side commitment which seems unrelated to weight loss and exercise?  I know this is early days so keep tuned for the updates throughout the month it could be interesting the personalities that may appear

  • "A sugar substitute is a food additive that duplicates the effect of sugar in taste, usually with less food energy. Some sugar substitutes are natural and some are synthetic. Those that are not natural are, in general, called artificial sweeteners." - I commit to reducing produced sugar in my nutrition during November including sugars, sweeteners and sugar substitutes.
I am commiting to also reading sweet poison from David Gillespie when I get my hands on a copy

2 comments:

  1. Golly gosh... I'm so proud of you and your day 1 achievement. I really am xx

    ReplyDelete