Change verb (used without object) (an extract of definitions selected from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/change)
- to become different: Overnight the nation's mood changed.
- to become altered or modified: Colors change if they are exposed to the sun.
- to become transformed or converted (usually followed by into ): The toad changed into a prince again.
- to pass gradually into (usually followed by to or into ): Summer changed to autumn.
Do you always conciously decide to change or does sometimes small decisions you make throughout time whether it be a day, week, year or moment sometimes just sweep you along with the tide?
I guess for me the weightloss change I made this year just swept me along. Yes i consciously thought enough about it that I signed up for Michelle Bridges 12wbt however I didn't realise the whole change that it would bring to my life. I didn't really think and accept that it would work, I actually signed up thinking I have just lost another $200. Well blow be down and tickle me with a feather it did work. I lost weight, I got fitter and I met friends (a bonus of anything in life). But did I get to the goals I set? Well not yet but the year is not done yet.
So its been a little while since I was on the straight and narrow path of completing this goal and it's time to put the finger back in the socket and shock myself back to completing what I didnt think would work but obviously does.
I also wanted to make some non exercise/food related changes in my life that if it's out there then I have to adher to it and make it happen so:
- I will stop smoking
- I will find something positive in my day every day and comment on it whether it be at home, work, facebook or blog.
- I will organise my diary for food, exercise, commitment to myself and my family one week at a time.
This is probably a bit late in posting now I come to think about it as the diary was done on Saturday, the stop smoking happened Sunday and the positive attitude ............... well lets just say that is becoming easier each day.
These changes really are about using the imagination to believe you can do it and you will achieve great things.

No comments:
Post a Comment