Today has been a very emotional day, so what a freaking stupid day to decided to give up smoking!!! Yes I decided last night it was my last cigarette, that I would again be a non smoker, that I would treat the body good inside and out in almost every factor that I could.
The day started well, I was awoken to a beautiful sunny day, I had my morning cuppa whilst doing the laundry and doing a kitchen make over before heading off for a walk along the Pakenham aqueduct. About 100 meters in I find a perfectly good iPhone 4 sitting in some branches, I had great company in Kirstin, Katrina, Michelle and 2 very excited puppies. We walked the track and back got back in our cars and handed in the iPhone to the police. Came home made banana bread whilst doing more washing and then showering before heading off to my brothers. So far a not bad day with only one or two cravings occurring, however then I went to my brothers where the treatment I received was not one of friendship from my sister in law, needless to say that relationship is well and truly over.
So on the way home all I can think about is what a day to give up smoking!! I could really use one about now but there is no way I will give in. So instead of a cigarette I had a beer. Still within my calories and sitting in the nice warm sun sipping on an ice cold beer actually felt the right way to send off the relationship with my brother (an alcoholic mind you).
I think I am lucky that I have no sugar products in the house, but I am thinking that the banana bread may be getting a workout tonight. Yes it has some sugar in it, yes it should be eaten in small doses and no I will not allow a stupid situation to blow out my budget of calories, just to allow me to fill them with the food I choose. But I will not cave and have a cigarette.
This is the year about me making better choices and although I may fall off many different wagons through out the year I am determined enough that I will at least chase the bastards down and jump on board as often as I need to.
So today is day 1 AGAIN!!! of giving up those little sticks. And each day becomes easier so if I can get through today I am sure i cna get through the tomorrows :)

No comments:
Post a Comment