It's been awhile since my last blog and as with most people when you let things slip it seems to be all the things that have kept you on the right path that go first.
So during the time since my last blog bad habits have crept in, excuses for not staying on the right path, the mind has been seen wandering and this means that the matter has been a lower priority.
I have come to the conclusion I am a social exerciser. I love the walks and classes where I can talk and chat. I still enjoy the riding on my own, but the running and walking on my own in the cool just doesn't do it for me at the moment and I am hoping that changes with the weather warming up. The problem with social exercising is that you don't always put in that extra effort but on the other hand sometimes the people with you are the inspiration you need to push harder, further, faster.
I have no excuse that cannot be combat by a solution. I have indoor exercise equipment, a gym membership and the whole wide outdoors that can be used for exercise. I have a bike, my legs, my arms and my health.
So it's again time to reassess and find the button that needs to be pushed and to find within the determination that I know I have to move forward and to continue down the path I have started. I don't want this to be the begining of putting on weight and I know that I have maintained my weight but honestly that is not an excuse to continue on the path I find myself following. I don't want to be the lady who lost the weight only to put it back on again especially since I am loving being a normal size and the options of clothing that now face me, being able to do things I wasn't able to do for years and to know that my health has improved.
Losing the first 30 kilo was frankly easy and I think because of this it has lulled me into a false sense of security because the next 5 kilo is taking a lot more effort and I am not putting in the effort I should. I probably should explain the easy part of the first 30 kilo. Yes I worked at eating properly and exercising but it didn't feel like work, it felt natural and easy and something that I could continue. But there were a number of people in my life who mentioned that getting to 80 kilo was fine for my build, and although I am a little below that now I have not reached my original goal, the one I set myself on day one which was to get into the healthy weight range for my BMI and to be lighter than I have been in over 10 years. I achieved being lighter but have not seen that magical 75, frankly it scares me a little to actually reach that goal as then I have done it. It's a stupid, silly little mind game and proves to me how powerful the mind really is.

75, 75, 75...
ReplyDeleteYou CAN do it Judy. Can't wait to find that pic of your scales at the magic number on my messages. Go girl, go!!
Xx