What are the benefits you have noticed in the way you look?
I had to think on this question as although to everyone else my looks have changed I have to say I don't always see
it. It's not that when I dress and look in the mirror I can't see it,
instead its in my head that I still see where I was especially when
there are parts of my body that still need toning.
The
obvious response to this is I now no longer have to shop in the larger
departments of stores instead I am a normal size 12 and able to wear
current fashion and look good wearing it. I am definitely not as
rounded in the face as I used to be either and my legs don't rub
together and I only have one chin!!!
What are the benefits you have noticed in your mindset? What breakthroughs have you had along the way?
Currently
my head is not in the game. It's really hard to answer this question
with all the doubts and thoughts going through my head at the moment. I
have learnt that I am an emotional eater and that when temptation is
put in front of me my will power muscle can falter. But isn't that life
that we can monitor and moderate our food and not go back to being a
binge eater? Or if we do binge we can acknowledge it work through it
and move on, although the binging becomes less as time goes on
I've
also used the JFDI principal to do my exercise or the 10 minute rule
recently to ensure that I am working out, and yes it does feel better to
just do it even when it seems just to tough to get motivated in this
cold Melbourne weather.
This
challenge actually helped me find another piece of my road map as
well. It's refreshing to reflect and to see a whole picture than
focussing on a single point. Saying the right thing is easy especially
when it helps people think all is ok, the hard thing is to say what you
are really going through and accept the help especially when you don't
know how to help yourself.
What are the benefits you have noticed in your fitness levels?
I
don't remember ever being this fit. Although as a child I did a lot of
exercise, it was easier to walk or ride to school than to catch a bus
that didnt take you door to door. It was about 2km or so to school each
way but the fitness was taken for granted. As soon as I could drive
all forms of exercise went by the by. So to actually be able to run for
5km is beyond belief. I never ran as a child, it was not my pick of
exercise, that doesn't mean I didn't play chasey or the like it just
means I didn't really compete in running activities.
I
also have noticed that exercise makes me feel better. When I am down
and out a run or a walk can clear my head and make me forget. When I
feel lethargic or tired exercise doesn't take it away but makes me feel
like I have accomplished something. When I wanted to quit foods/smoking
exercise took the cravings away. In fact exercise has been an
important part of this journey and when I let it go everything else
started falling apart. So the 10 minute rule and the JFDI principals
are having to come into play until I can forget them because exercise is
just a normal part of my day again. I so enjoyed it when I started so
going back to basics seems to be order of the day.
And finally, what benefits have you noticed in your health?
My
health has improved so much, I am no longer lethargic all the time, I
am able to do things that seemed to be impossible previously or that I
just didn't even consider in my life before. I haven't had a cold this
year, I have had the sniffles or felt off colour don't get me wrong but I
have not fallen pray to any illness this year (touch wood).
My
mental health? well sometimes I do think it needs to be looked at,
depression runs in the family and I see that it's previlant in my own
health.
Emotional health is good. Things at home are great, things in life are great, things at work are great.
No comments:
Post a Comment