Mantra

Mantra
Don't forget how powerful the mind is!

July 15, 2012

Run Melbourne

Well today was run day, up early on a sunday morning (not my faourite past time), shower and drive to Katrina's to meet up with Michelle and Katrina and make our way to the station.  All slightly pumped but more forced than anything, but no one admits it.

Catch train into city in the freezing cold have a walk around and the excuses start coming, to cold, cant be bothered, havent trained this week, feeling flat.  But we all managed to pull it together Katrina going first running the 10km and Michelle and I running the 5km.  These are distances we have all run before but today felt a little different.  Michelle had been sick for the past few weeks and had not managed to run more than 2km at a time but today she ran the whole 5km, a little slower than usual but with a chest infection this was a massive effort.  Katrina managed to run the 10km and not do a bad time and I managed to run the 5km and feel great afterwards especially feeling the sun on my face.

I think I learnt that I am not a fun run fanatic.  I have the 10km Melbourne Marathon run coming in October and I think that will be it for anything not local.  I did enjoy the experience, but again forgot the headset so I need to ensure next time I am more prepared.  And yes I can do it, I ran the 5km without stopping, without thinking of stopping and without busting a gut.  So tomorrow I plan on getting back out and start practising for the 10km and build up slowly.  I commit to running 3 times a week outside minimum and to stretch before and after each run and do the best I can.  Today I felt like a runner and I know I can do it and I can do it in pretty good time, maybe even improve.

:)  have a great week

1 comment: