This is my year to make changes, yes new year resolutions often fail but I am determined that this is not a new year resolution but instead the lifestyle change I need to make and it just happens to be at the begining of the year. I am overweight, unfit and a smoker and I want to change all of these things during 2012 and beyond.
My last cigarette was Jan 2 2012 around 11pm. I have not craved often for a cigarette and when I do the feeling passes quickly. I decided any craving I get warrants a 1km walk and have only had to do this twice when the urge didn't pass instantly. This is going well and will continue even with temptations of parties, husband smoking, stress mechanism and every other excuse under the sun on its too hard just give in. Today its been 2 weeks since I had a smoke and I havent thought about having one in 2 days which was my wedding anniversary.
To lose weight and get fit I will need help. I can not do this with support and help wherever it comes from. So I am so excited to be joining the 12WBT Round 1 2012 run by Michelle Bridges. I think my head is in the right headspace and if its not I have the support and encouragement from some wonderful ladies also doing the 12WBT. Although many of them are either already on their weightloss journey or are doing the 12WBT for fitness reasons I am only at the begining of the journey.
I looked into the program at the end of 2011 and thought Bah its all codswallop. I talked to one of my work colleagues who has been on it last year and she was not a big advocate saying that she was not disciplined enough for the planning and organisation of the program so I dropped the idea. But I couldn't quite shake the feeling it may be the right thing for me. I have never seriously tried to loose weight before but after somehow loosing almost 5k's after my holiday without even trying I thought imagine what I could do if I actually tried! So on the spur of the moment I signed up anyway. Like everything I go head first into it and spend too much and have the niggling feeling that maybe it won't work.........well this will only be seen over time.
My timing to start wasn't perfect being the weekend that my sister turns 50, Although technically the program hasnt started I thought why wait when you are on a good thing. So for the first time ever the 5 of us went out to a movie and dinner. It was very hard to tell them I was trying this as I dont have the relationship with my sisters that I would perhaps like. So we went and saw "I Bought a Zoo". I am not here to review the movie so I won't say more than that. During the purchase of the tickets they all brought choc tops and popcorn, everyone's favourite movitime snacks, I had my bottle of water. One also took snacks from home that were passed around and although tempted I stuck to my guns and had nothing. After the movie we went to Switch for dinner where it was the usual "what are you having" that everyone does. I opted for the souvalaki and chips. I ate the souvalaki and hid the chips beneath my napkin so I would not be tempted. Of course this raised questions from my sisters on why I did it. So in for a penny in for a pound I told them I was trying to loose weight, I cant remember if I mentioned the program, but I did mention about meeting some ladies at Berwick Springs for a walk in the morning from a facebook group Casey/ Cardinia 12WBT Group 2012.
Saturday came and I took my beautiful puppies to the walk with me. I didnt talk to the ladies much on the walk instead walking on my own most of the way and only doing the large lake twice not incorporating the small lake as I did not trust I could make both. I had nothing to worry about all of these ladies were fantastic and I was sold on the support group.
That night was my sisters 50th party and I though I am not going to make this night without giving in to many temptations. But I did well I ate small amounts, had one alcoholic drink to 2 litres of water which helped me not feel hungry or want more alcohol. I was proud.
A week has gone since that night and I have surprised myself 10 fold where I only broke my eating resolve once which was on my wedding anniversary. I have exercised each day although not enough, I have lost since starting in Jan 2012 3kilo. If I can do this before the program starts then I can loose the other 30 I need to loose.
I am not a blogger so this will be another test for me to put everything down. I like to talk so this will be a way of trying to get everything out without talking everyones ears off. Especially with the amount I am talking in the facebook page.
I want to make new friends and meet new people
I have 35 Kilos I want to loose this year
I want to loose no less than 3 Kilo a month so I am at the right weight in December for Christmas
I want to improve my fitness and participate in a 5km Run this year at either a jog or a run
I want to cycle 15km's in one hit without it being a chore
I do not want to be ashamed of my weight and wearing nice clothes
I do not want to hide who I am
I want to succeed at the goals I set myself this year.
This is my way of tracking if I make it and about the trials and tribulations of my journey
No comments:
Post a Comment